Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Trinity River Steelhead with Andras Outfitters and Gabe Duran

"Hi Rachel: It was a very exciting trip! Here are pictures of two Steelhead I caught. One little smolt was caught and as we were laughing at it, it unhooked itself with lots of wiggle action. The last Steelhead was hooked and my cold wet hands fumbled the line, but somehow I managed to get it on the reel. I told Gabe it was like I had an armful of spaghetti! As he was walking towards it to net it, it freed itself. In all the commotion, it had grabbed the fly, spit out the fly and ended up being hooked on it's tail. I thought when Gabe said it was fouled, that it had line wrapped around it's tail so tried to get it in quickly. Glad the fish was OK. All went for the egg pattern. Just like our last outing, Gabe was very patient and a great teacher. Great guide. Very happy customer :-) " -Janet N. Thank you Janet! To book your next fly fishing trip on the Trinity or Lower Sacramento Rivers give us a call at 530 227 4837 or andrasoutfitters@me.com www.andrasoutfitters.com

No comments:

Post a Comment