Monday, December 7, 2009

November 9th Trinity River



Ten years ago, I moved to Redding, California after spending two summer seasons guiding in Southwestern Alaska. Coincidentally, the timing of that move coincided with the steelhead season on the Trinity River. After hooking and losing a fine fish on my first trip, following attempts yielded experience only. Thanks to Rachel, I met Ross a short time later and he offered to spend a day over the hill in search of steelhead. We started in Douglas City just upstream of the bridge and the fish took an egg on the swing. That moment will forever remain a highlight in my angling life. Ross still fishes the Trinity and, as always, generously shares his knowledge of his beloved river with anyone who asks. With November approaching, the Trinity River’s song will call and I will certainly bump into Ross celebrating another fish. I can’t wait.

www.andrasoutfitters.com

No comments:

Post a Comment